Friday, January 21, 2011

12 BEE - ATTITUDES


Bees are very loyal and extremely hard working creatures. They are so conscientious that they get very upset when they are disturburbed in their work. Maybe it is because they have to visit from 50 to 600 ordinary flowers to fill up their honey sacs before returning to the hive. Whatever the reason, I learned at an early age to not bother a bee or a hive.
Once when I was very young, I was living in a foster home near Redding, California. Mrs Griffy, my foster mom, was trying to get me to not put my mouth over the water faucets when I got a drink outside; something about germs. I ran a lot and got real hot and thirsty. Putting my mouth over the water faucets when I got a drink and then turning it on, kept the water off my shoes and also from running down my neck.
One evening I was having an especially good time riding my stick horse, Tigger, around the house and yard. As we rounded the corner my eye caught sight of the water faucet. I pulled Trigger to a halt, dropped to my knees and put my mouth over the faucet. In one sweepting motion I immediately turned on the water. To my horror I felt something squirmy like squirt into my mouth and I heard a very muffled buzzing sound.
Even a six year old can figure out when there is trouble in his mouth. No sooner had that first burst of water gushed into my mouth sending a bee into a dark wet hole, when out came the water with an even greater force. Also, out came the bee gasping for air and very wet and mad. Fortunately the bee was stunned and I was terrified. Before the bee could recover, I was on my horse and around the corner and into the house. I remained there for about a half hour before venturing outside again.

LESSON LEARNED
From that day to this I have never put my
mouth over any kind of faucet or hose or fountain.
It is amazing what a good teacher experience is.
I also learned that maybe grown ups know
what they are talking about after all.
















































































































No comments:

Post a Comment